Psalm 90:12 “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”
God has given us a great gift of life. In Psalm 90 God says we need to number our days
so that we can apply our hearts to wisdom. When we are young it seems life will go on forever and it doesn’t matter what we do each day because there will always be another one tomorrow. What we will have to show for the one life we have to live is determined by what we do each day, so every day is important. God has given us instruction on what to do each day so that every day counts for Him. Here are seven spiritual disciplines to do each day to make them count for the Lord: Searching the Scriptures (Acts 17:11) A day started in the Bible is off to a good start.
1. Calling on God in Prayer (Psalm 88:9) No day is complete without a time talking with God.
2. Listening to the Lord (Proverbs 8:34) Communication is two ways, you talk to the Lord and He will speak to your spirit.
3. Taking up Our Cross (Luke 9:23) Each day we must decide to follow the Lord
4. Adding to the Kingdom (Acts 2:47) Every day we should seek to win souls to the Lord
5. Dying to the Flesh (1 Corinthians 15:31) Each day we must deny ourselves and choose to honor and obey the Lord
6. Encouraging One Another (Hebrews 3:13) Don’t let a day go by without being a help and encouragement to others
7. Searching the Scriptures (Acts 17:11) A day started in the Bible is off to a good start.
Pastor Robert Pophal
Rose Park Baptist Church | Holland, MI