Jeremiah 18:6 “ O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.”
One day a pencil maker took the pencil aside just before putting him into the box. “There are some things you need to know before I send you out into the world”, he told the pencil. “Always remember them and you will be the best pencil that has ever lived.
– You will do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in someone’s hand.
– There will be painful sharpenings from time to time, but you need them to become a better pencil.
– Don’t stress out, you will be able to correct most every mistake you make.
– The most important part of you is inside.
– On every surface you are used upon, you have the ability to leave a mark.
– No matter what the condition of the surface, you must continue to write!”
The pencil understood and promised to never forget. He went into the box with a purpose in his heart and those words in his mind.
Now, take the place of the pencil. You are the clay. God is the Potter. God has a plan for your life. You will do great things, but only if you allow yourself to be led by God. There will be some times of pain, but this will make you a better Christian. When you make a mistake, remember God is there to help you make it right. The real you is the you on the inside that God loves. Every person, place and thing you touch, you have an opportunity to touch in a great way. Just keep going no matter what circumstance you are in or have been given. Live with purpose, knowing that God has put you in the world to do great things for Him.
Youth Pastor | Assistant Pastor
Clays Mill Baptist Church