-We wait too long to start talking to teenagers. Don’t wait until they are juniors and seniors!
-Don’t Fake Interest!!!!Care– Tell your teens you love them
-Don’t take it for granted that someone is telling them they love them
SAY IT – VERBALIZE IT
- Care– Tell your teens you love them
- Concern– SHOW your teens you love them
- In your walk with God
- In your marriage
- In your ministry- STAY
- Cost– time, money, sleep, nerves…
Start “the conversation” in junior high.
Talk about what they want to talk about.
- Make it fluid… don’t corner them
Learn how to ask good questions-favorite snack, drink, thing to do, activity, service/ when were you saved/ how often do you fight with your parents/ do your parents help you spiritually/ rate your spirituality/ #1 daily struggle/ biggest influence for good/ drugs/ pure/ pornograghy
- Visit teens at home, even church teens
- Make sure your teens know you and your wife are a team.
-Don’t have any special/pet relationships…