Hello, my name is Stephen Johnson and I am the bus director here at Clays Mill Baptist Church. I’m always happy to aid someone investing in the bus ministry and our bus kids.
I have a few suggestions for games.
- Over Under with Eggs – (start at the front and an egg will get passed over seat 1, under Seat 2, etc. Till the egg reaches the worker at the back of the bus.
- Spoon on egg – Place an egg on a spoon and the riders must pass the spoon (with egg) to the back of the bus.
- Egg Pick Up. – Once all riders are sitting down with hands in the air. Have workers walk down the ailse and drop empty plastic eggs throughout the bus, with an equal # on each side. Each team gets a basket. The winner is the team that collects the most eggs and deposits them in their basket before the alloted time. Do not allow them to throw eggs or cross the ailse. If eggs roll across they are fair game. Be sure to keep the time short so that both sides do not have time to pick up all of the eggs. Note: We often do this to get riders to help clean up the bus!
- Bible Verse Organization – Give a team or 1 person the first words to Matthew 28:6 (He is not here: for he is risen…) printed on sheets. The winner gets the words in order first. Allow them to use their Bible. Using an entire side would allow more riders to be involved. Some to look up the verse and some to hold the sheets up.
- Bible Drill – with Easter verses.
- Bunny Hop Race – Pull the bus into a safe empty parking lot and have a bunny hop race. Great to use up some of that energy before Sunday school starts.
- Boiled Egg Eating Contest. – Have water ready in case the egg yoke is dry.
- Easter Bible Trivia
- Egg Match Mixup – Place x amount of plastic eggs in a bag that are matched to the wrong color. The players must match the egg sides first to win.
- Tootsie Roll Smash. – Who can smash the most tootsie rolls (with wrapper) into a plastic egg. The egg must snap shut and remain so without help for 3 secs
Bus Director | Clays Mill Road Baptist Church