Scripture Reading: Psalm 1:1-3, Josh 1:8
Joshua 1:8 “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
Joshua 1:8 talks about “good success”. Psalm 1 speaks of being blessed, delighting, being planted, bringing fruit, not withering and prospering. Everyone wants a life like this. For the Christian a life like this begins with our walk with God. We have heard it 100 times… but how can we find a walk with God?
- Find Your Bible- You may have 3 Bibles but find you one specific Bible to read and study from.
- Find a Place- Pick a room, a seat or a location to read and pray every day.
- Find a Time- The Psalmist said morning, evening. Maybe after school, before school, on way to school, before bed or when you wake up..
- Find a Plan- Use a Bible reading calendar or schedule that works for you.
- Find Some Helping Tools- A Concordance, Pen, Notebook, highlighter, books, music, notes in church all are helps in walking with God.
- Find a Way to Eliminate Distractions- Many times People, Phones, TV, Tasks and other things can distract us from our walk.
- Find Time to Pray- When you read the Bible find time to add Prayer to your devotions.
- Find Joy in the Relationship- God is not just about the Rules and Religion. He’s about the Relationship. It’s not just about the 3 chapters, it’s about the God who wrote them.
- Find Goals and Desires- Get something out of what you read. How can you apply what you found in the Bible.
- Find the Holy Spirit- Meditate. Fellowship with the third part of the Godhead that lives inside of you.
Find your Walk with God and keep it every day.
Youth | Assistant Pastor
Clays Mill Baptist Church